Cedarwood Essential Oil
Certified Organic Cedarwood Essential oil.
What Is Cedarwood Essential Oil?
Cedarwood essential oil is extracted from the wood pieces of a cedar tree. There are four species of cedar trees, which are all considered to be timber evergreen conifers belonging to the plant genus known as Cedrus.
A popular type of cedarwood essential oil (Juniperus virginiana) comes from the Eastern red cedar, also called pencil cedar. The major components of cedarwood essential oil are alpha-cedrene, beta-cedrene, cedrol, sesquiterpenes, thujopsene and widdrol — all of which contribute a great deal to its amazing health benefits.
Cedarwood Essential oil Benefits and Outline
- Cedarwood essential oil (Juniperus virginiana) comes from the Eastern red cedar and is known to have active components beneficial to health such as cedrol.
- Cedarwood oil is extremely strong and should not be used internally.
- Always look for a cedarwood essential oil that is of the highest quality, which means it’s a 100 percent pure, therapeutic grade essential oil that was made using CO2 extraction methods.
- The top health uses and benefits of cedarwood essential oil include its ability to:
- improve inflammatory skin conditions like eczema
- promote hair growth
- soothe dry scalp
- has natural antiseptic properties
- arthritis relief
- natural deodorizer
- natural sedative
- natural diuretic
- improve focus and ADHD
- cough relief
- bug repellent including moths and ants
- stress relief
- fight fungal infections
- improve acne